Friday, January 13, 2012

hello

Hello, readers! (Actually: Hello members of my immediate family and/or person I went to high school with to whom I haven't spoken in a solid five years - I salute your Facebook-roving capabilities).

So I kind of missed the memo about having a blog (I blame my lazy secretary), mostly because I'm resistant to any form of self-promotion, etc. But in the wise words of Built to Spill, "Who doesn't think they're at the center of the universe?" So, yeah. I'm jumping on the ME train.

Here I'll post about things I find beautiful and strange and cool - music, images, books and poetry, etc. Hopefully you'll think they're interesting, too. Actually I think I kind of live inside this juvenile bubble of infallibility in which I could not possibly imagine someone NOT thinking that the things I like are cool, too. So if you think something sucks, TELL ME!

Sidenote: I took the title of this blog from the Germs' song of the same name. Quick rundown on the Germs: LA hardcore punk, '77-'80, singer Darby Crash died of a deliberate heroin overdose at 22 and became a hardcore icon, mostly due to his untimely death and his obnoxious lack of any vocal talent.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited that you started a blog and I can't wait to read all your cool musings! Yay!

    ReplyDelete